Williams Selyem vs. Dehlinger — yes, it’s not quite at the level of suspense as an Iron Chef America episode featuring Todd English, but it’s a great idea nonetheless. San Francisco’s Indigo Restaurant has put a fresh spin on their popular wine lovers dinners with a new "Battle of the Varietals" format for the rest of this month.
Details from the restaurant behind the cut.
Tuesday July 17th at 7 pm OR
Wednesday July 18th at 7pm
* 2002 Kistler Chardonnay, Dutton Vineyard (90-91 points Robert Parker) Versus
* 2004 Peter Michael Chardonnay, "La Carriere" (95 points Parker)
Paired with: Seared Day Boat Scallops over a White Bean Puree, with a Citrus Beurre Blanc
* 2005 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir, Sonoma County Versus
* 2004 Dehlinger Estate Pinot Noir, Russian River (91 pts Parker)
Paired with: Wild Mushroom Tart with Grilled Red Onions and a Truffle Cream
* 1999 Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon "Monte Bello" (92 pts Spectator) Versus
* 1999 Long Meadow Ranch Cabernet Blend (92 pts Spectator)
Paired with: Grilled Filet Mignon over a Truffled Sweet Potato Ragout
with a Pink Peppercorn Sauce
Chocolate Decadence Cake with Tahitian Vanilla Bean Ice Cream