Since we are off to the fair today, I have snacks on the brain. Thus once a twitter friend was trying to decide on some brownies to make, I felt prompted to share my friend Carolyn's recipe, which I wheedled out of her when we
did a holiday cookie exchange several years ago.
These are truly the
most fabulous 7 Layer Brownies I've had, and so simple to make.
1. Melt 1 stick of butter in 9"x13" pan, then add the following layers:
2. 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
3. 1 cup of grated coconut
4. 3/4 of a 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
5. 3/4 of a 12 oz bag of butterscotch chips
6. 1 cup chopped nuts (Carolyn used pecans)
7. Pour 1 can of sweetened condensed milk over the top
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for nugget style brownies.
I mean, how can any recipe that starts off with melting an entire stick of butter *not* be fabulous???