Every so often, I am reminded that having lived in this city for almost 2 decades, I have a distinctly different point of view on a number of items related to our fair CIty. And thus, I share with you this list of things people who do not live in San Francisco often are certain they know about San Francisco. Please leave me some of your favorites in the comments!
8 Things That Are Not True About San Francisco But Many People Seem to Think Are
1. It is OK to call us "Frisco" for short.
2. Every place from Marin County to San Jose to Oakland is all San Francisco.
3. When you tell me you're coming to San Francisco and want to meet up, but are actually in San Jose, that's OK because I can just take BART there.
4. Parking is plentiful in the Marina, on a weekend night, so we don't need to pay for parking/valet. We'll just circle the block again…
5. Everyone lives in one of those adorable Victorians.
6. There are no straight guys in the City, so if you move here as a single lady you are on your way to spinsterhood.
7. If you come to visit, be sure to pack shorts, you'll want to be wearing them for your trip to Ocean Beach.
8. Cabs are plentiful and can be flagged down from any street corner throughout the City.